Tuesday, October 21, 2008

"We have enough of those"

Today was the big day of my ultrasound. We took Spencer and Hannah with us also. Hannah has no idea what is going on and that she is not going to be the baby anymore. I don't think she knows what's going to hit her. Well everything looks really good we think. The baby was being a little stubborn and wouldn't let the tech get a good look at the bottom of the spine, but she thinks she got a pretty good shot. We also found out the we are having another girl. I have to say we were all pulling for a boy to even out the numbers a bit, but we're happy with a healthy baby girl. It will be fun for Hannah to have a play mate. Spencer was pretty disappointed. He said,"We have enough of those." He really wanted to share a room and have bunk beds. He told me a few days ago that even if it was a girl he still wanted bunk beds. We have plenty of girl clothes hanging around and a purple girl room to boot. We're all set

UEA WEEKEND

This last weekend we took the family down to Grand Junction, Co. where Riley's parents live. I of course forgot my camera again so no picture. We had a lot of fun. On Friday we spent the whole day fishing. Riley took Macy and Spencer on a bike ride around the lake. Macy had pretty good biff, but was okay. On Saturday the boys went golfing while the girls took a trip into town to buy some fabric for Macy's Halloween costume and a new blanket for Spencer. Then we came home and sewed for a couple of hours. We also went to a little pumpkin patch and corn maze. The kids also loved taking tractor rides with grandpa and making a tile mural. One night we played games while the kids watched Alvin and the Chipmunks. It was a nice relaxing trip.

Macy is going to be a cave woman for Halloween and this is Spencer's new blanket

9 comments:

Unknown said...

yeah, that is exciting you are having another girl. It is such a relief when all goes well with the ultrasound. I can't believe you are going to have 4 kids. Marti and I were talking about all the college friends and how so many of the friends have a lot of kids. I guess some of us are off to a late start.

Kristi said...

congrats Mel, girls rule! My little sis is trying to have one right now actually, I should have another niece by the end of the day.

Bev said...

We love girls! That's exciting. Hope you're feeling alright. It gets tougher with each pregnancy 'cause even if you're sick there's more kids that need you!

Rochelle said...

Congrats on a healthy baby girl!

Aundrea said...

I think our families are only supposed to have one boy for some reason...go figure! I'm glad everything looks healthy. Hannah will have a good time playing with her little sister:)

The costume looks so cute. And, a new Boo for Spencer?? How are the bears going to feel about being kicked out of the picture by some soccer balls?

Julia said...

Congrats Mel. Love Spencer's comment.

Brooke said...

Congratulations on another girl! Spencer can be Riley's little buddy! Less scouting :-) More shopping buddies for you! So happy all looked well.

Anonymous said...

Yeah Mel!!! I am so excited for you guys! You guys make cute kids and I am positive this one will not be any different. Poor Spencer! That is so funny...I am glad he still wants to share bunk beds though. Maybe the baby can be on top?

marcia said...

Maybe aundrea's right about the one boy per family. Jesse will probably be the one to have all the boys. I'm glad everything looks good and all is going well. We are excited to have another sweet baby to love. I miss you guys so much...love ya.