Saturday, November 1, 2008

Haloween '08

I think Halloween started on Monday for my kids. On Monday Macy and Spencer went to a friend's Halloween party. On Tuesday we had achievement days and did a Father/Daughter pumpkin carving contest. Riley and Macy took 3rd place. I was in charge so Hannah and Spencer also joined in. On Wednesday Macy had a piano Halloween party, where all the kids played a Halloween song for each other, and then played games and stuff. On Thursday there was a Midway/Heber Halloween carnival put on by all of the school's PTAs. On Friday the kids both had Halloween parties at school. I helped in Macy's class. It was actually pretty fun, but I have decided that I could never be a teacher. Rachel came down to see the kids in their costumes, she also dressed her dog Zoey as a pumpkin so we had to take pictures of Hannah and Zoey together. I stayed home and handed out candy while Riley took the kids trick-or-treating. While he was doing that a guy from ABC4 news wired him up and followed the kids and him around for awhile. The reason why was because there has been 2 attempted kidnappings in the last month right in our neighborhood. One was right up the street from our house on Wednesday and the other was a couple of neighborhoods away about a month ago. Both attempts were by the same people, so it has been big news around here. They were asking him if we were doing anything differently for Halloween then we usually do and so on. I tried to find the link on ABC's website, but I couldn't find it. If you would like to see it we recorded it on our DVR for Riley's star debut. I think the kids had a good time. Hannah was adorable running up to the doors, and all of them will be wired on candy for the a long time. Our neighbor gave Macy and Spencer a box of big candy bars each...great!
Hannah and Zoey the two pumpkins

Hannah

Spencer was a skeleton Pirate

Macy was a cave woman


Riley with the kids

9 comments:

Aundrea said...

Macy's costume turned out great! All the kids look so cute, including Zoey:)
What the? Two attempted kid nappings? Did they find the person? Scary!

Rollins Tribe said...

You kids look very cute! Haloween is the best. That is so scary about the attempted kid nappings. Be sure to lock all of your windows and doors!

Lucidity said...

Hi Ristos
I didnt know you had a blog! Good to see pictures of the family. My blog is Lucidity, its private so Ill have to get your e-mail to send you a link.
Amy M.

Rochelle said...

Great costumes! I love your dog!

marcia said...

The kids all look so cute. Hope they all had fun. Hope everything is safe in the neighorhood now. That is so scary!

Julia said...

That's one busy week! Aren't you glad it's over...now if I could only get rid of all this candy.

Anonymous said...

Cute costumes! I can't believe how grown up they all are!

Haven said...

I thought that was Riley on the news, but I wasn't sure since I haven't actually seen him since you got married. I have a good memory.

Marci said...

Isn't it crazy how many halloween parties and events their are to attend?! I was so glad when Halloween was over! Now I just need to dump the kids candy!