Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas 2008

We had a great Christmas this year. It was fairly calm and relaxed unlike many of the previous years. We usually have Christmas at our house, because it easier with having 3 kids. On Christmas Eve I had a marathon day of wrapping presents. I hate wrapping presents and unfortunately waited until the last minute to do it. It took me a few hours due to the fact that my kids were home and awake. I had to threaten them to stay out of my room. I was also having my mom, Gary, Jesse, Rachel and Brandon over for Christmas Eve dinner, which I was also trying to make in the mean time. Riley had to work until 3:00 so I was on my own. I got everything done without too much stress and my kids were busy playing with some new Webkinz that grandma Debbie had given them the night before. We had a good turkey dinner that night and the kids were excited to open their Christmas Eve P.J.'s. We hung out and watched a Christmas Story and then put the kids down for bed. Before that they had put out their magic reindeer dust and a plate of cookies and milk for Santa. Rachel and Brandon left for home and Jesse off to work. During the night the snow began and didn't stop all day on Christmas. I think we got more snow than anywhere else in the state. We had plans to go up to Kaysville to hang out with the Holden side, but got snowed in. It actually was really nice to just stay home and let the kids play with their new toys, watch a couple of new movies, and eat some good food. The rest of the weekend was nice also. We went down to American Fork and visited with grandma Cardon, mom and Gary, then Riley and I went to the Jazz game while Aunty Rachel watched the kids. On Saturday we went to Bedtime Stories, sledding and then played a couple of new games, we also fit a Jazz game in. Yesterday we went to church, tithing settlement and then home to play guitar hero for awhile. We all took a little nap and then came upstairs to play games. I think we fit a lot in and had a good time also. We are thankful that we could spend time with family, and also enjoy spending time with our own little family.

P.S. I wrote this a few days ago and didn't post it because I was trying to get my pictures to download. I don't know what is up with our computer, but it is not letting anything download with a port, so until my computers fixed no pictures.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a fun Christmas, I think the holidays start getting fun again when the kids are a little older.

Marci said...

It sounds like you had a fun, relaxing Christmas. It's nice that you were able to see so much of your family!

Aundrea said...

I'm glad you got to have a little more of a relaxing Christmas this year:) You deserved it!

marcia said...

Thanks for the great time. You are an amazing mom and wife. I'm so proud of you and riley. We loved being able to see you guys and spend Christmas with you. We love you all