It all started a week ago today. Spencer complained that he had a headache and that his throat hurt. The next morning was Martin Luther King day so the kids didn't have school. Spencer woke up and started throwing up. Monday wasn't a very fun holiday. On Tuesday Spencer didn't wake up until after 1 p.m. I would go and check on him about every half hour to see if he was still alive. He woke up with a fever and sick stomach. On Wednesday he felt better but I didn't trust taking him to school. I had a doctor's appointment that I needed to get to, so my great friend Maria who has helped me out with babysitting Hannah was willing to take Spencer also. At the doctor's appointment they were telling me I was measuring small, so I need to go get an ultra sound. So I have to drive up to SLC again on Thursday. I was a little freaked out about the measuring small thing because I came home and googled what that might mean. There are several possibilities one of which is low fluid. It looks like everything is okay, she is measuring a little small, but not abnormally small and my fluid was on the low side of normal. So I get a call from the doctor's office on the way home and the nurse tells me I have to go up the St. Mark's hospital on Friday. Spencer is feeling good so I take him to school, but when I go and pick him and Macy up, Macy is now complaining that she doesn't feel good. Riley and I are supposed to go to the Jazz- Celtics game on Thursday night, and my sister Rachel was gracious enough to watch the kids for us, but by the time we need to leave Macy now has a fever and her stomach isn't feeling good. Riley called one of his friends to see if he might want to go, but couldn't get a hold of him, so Macy decided she could make it up to SLC so that Riley and I could still go. It was a fun game and we came back to the kids sleeping and feeling okay. Friday morning I get up and start getting ready to go to the hospital, Rachel was again going to watch Hannah and Macy for me while I went to do the test and Spencer was going to stay at a friend's house so he could make it to school. Well Macy and Spencer are both dog sick on Friday morning, both had fevers and sick stomachs, I was left in a bit of a pickle so I called Riley at work to see if it was possible for him to come home for a couple of hours while I went up to SLC again. He luckily came home and helped out with the kids. At the hospital everything looked good, my fluid levels were okay and the baby was happy. I now have to go and do a non stress test once a week until the baby is born to make sure that the fluid levels are staying high and that my placenta is working properly. On Saturday both Macy and Spencer are doing a little better they both have lost about 4 pounds and were still a little weak. Saturday afternoon Hannah now is telling me that he throat hurts and she is running a fever. She has pretty good energy until Saturday night when it kicks in again. Now it is Sunday afternoon Riley has taken Macy and Spencer to church and Hannah is taking a nap running a fever and not feeling too hot. At least she hasn't been throwing up....yet. Spencer has been so sick for a week, I hope this next week is better and that Riley and I some how escape this nasty illness. I have washed all bedding, cleaned bathrooms and have used clorox wipes on every surface, we'll see if that's enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
There's nothing worse than the throw-ups. So sorry, you had a tough week. Glad baby is okay.
I'm glad everything turned out good with Sprained! Riley and you need to go out on a date just for making it through that week. Nothing tried my patience than being stuck at home with sick kids!
My kids must've caught it from your kids:) We've had the sickies too, but I didn't escape them. Over the weekend my fever got as high as 105.2...shouldn't I be dead or something? I'm going to the Dr. today, I think I might have pneumonia, because my back is killing me. I made Logan stay home from school to help me out. Good mom, huh?
Sorry you have had such a hard week. Having sick kids is no fun on top of being pregnant. I can't wait until spring/summer. That is a relief that everything is okay with baby. That is stressful. My fluid levels were low with Chloe toward the end but everything was fine.
That makes me feel so bad for you guys. I'm glad you made it through the week okay, and hopefully you won't get sick, and can get everyone better before baby comes. I hope everything keeps going well for you and the baby. Keep us posted. We love you.
Wow what a week! Hopefully everyone is completely better before the baby comes! That's no fun! My oldest has been sick since Sunday, and I just keep wondering how long it's going to last!
Post a Comment