It's 5:00 in the afternoon and I've been trying to figure out what to make for dinner for about an hour now. I usually make a menu on Monday for the whole week, but lately I'm having a hard time coming up with a dinner for one night. So I'm asking you for you help again. I need your most favorite recipe, one that you, your family and everyone that has had it loves. It also has to be on the easy side because I'm lazy and don't want to be preparing a meal for a long time. Here's one of my favorite recipes I got it from the family fun magazine a couple of years ago and it has become a staple meal at our house. I know this is a pain, but I need a tried and true recipe. Thank you.
Creamy chicken curry in a hurry:
1 1/2 T. Vegetable oil
1/4 tsp. salt
1 can diced tomatoes
2 T. tomato paste
1 med. onion diced
2-3 T. Curry powder
1 can unsweetened coconut milk
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut up into bite sized pieces
3 packed cups fresh baby spinach
1. Heat oil in a large skillet then add the onion and salt. Cook the onion until soft. Add the curry powder and continue stirring for 1 minute.
2. Stir in the coconut milk, tomatoes and tomato paste. Continue cooking the mixture for about 5 minutes until the sauce thickens a little.
3. Add the chicken, stir well and cook 5-6 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Add the spinach and cook until wilted. Add salt to taste. Serve over rice.
Also thanks to all of you and your baby name suggestions. We will let you know what our decision is in about a month. We still haven't had that much needed conversation about baby names yet.
Monday, February 9, 2009
Help me!
Posted by melandriley at 4:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
My family is alwasy up for Hawaiian Haystacks or Navajo Tacos...I guess we go for the cultural food:) Call me and we can swap recipes. Your curry sounds yummy!
K-I'm just as anxious to get everyone's comments on this one! I'm not much help 'cause I've been stumped lately too. Here's my quickies: taco salad (chips, lettuce, tomatoes, beans, cheese, meat, ranch and salsa), hamburgers (I can't order hamburgers anywhere, but I love a homemade one), quesadillas (mix some canned chicken, salsa and ranch together and throw it on the melted cheese quesadilla. Good with a little guacamole too.) Soups are always good too. Maybe a potato soup or taco soup. I don't have great recipes 'cause these are things I just throw together. Good luck with it all!
Post a Comment