I just got back two of my most precious books. I immediately looked through them to make sure that they had no damage to them. What are these books you ask....the Twilight books of course. The first book is still out of my precious sight. I'm getting a little nervous its been like 4 months since I lent it out. So I get the other books back and decided that the 2nd one is a little painful to read because Edwards not in it very much so I decided to reread the 3rd one again. I know I just read it in August, but I couldn't help it. Then I got on the website which I've done before. I read for like 2 hours all of the outtakes and extras. Then I see she is writing a book on Edward's view. That means two more books. I'm so excited, but the torture of waiting for the next two to come out is going to kill me. I get a little nuts when I don't have a good book around so I reread books that I like a lot. Last year I read a lot of books, the ones I really liked I reread. I reread Harry Potter #6 because Harry Potter #7 came out, These is my words, The good Earth, Pride and Prejudice. I have read Pride and Prejudice probably 4 times. Then my friend told me about some spin off books of Pride. I was so excited I got on my trusty Amazon.com and looked at all the different books, I was in heaven. I just run out of books too quick so if any of you have suggestions let me know. I am in a book club which helps, I found out about Shannon Hale who wrote a lot of books that are really good, but 1 book a month just doesn't cut it. I just finished reading a book called "Left to Tell" about a woman who survived the Tutsi genocides in Rwanda. It really makes you put your life into perspective. I know I'm a loser about Twilight, but I bet there are a couple of you out there like me.
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm the same way when I don't have a good book to read, it makes me crazy! I liked the Twilight books, but I wasn't in love with Edward...I guess I'm more of the wherewolf type! Don't get me wrong. I loved how Edward was and how he treated her. There was just something gross to me about Edward being cold, hard, and chalky white. I know there are going to be a lot of haters out there for me saying this but that's how I work:)
I too, LOVE edward! I have yet to read the 3rd book though.
Hey Melanie -
I am just as hooked on the Twilight books as you are. Dawson hates it when I pick one up because then I am out of order until I am finished. I can't wait to read the next.
Lisa
Yeah, I'm glad you love the twilight books as much as I do. Your family is way cute. I hope it's okay if I add you to my friends list.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEL!!! BIG 30! MAY YOU HAVE MANY MORE TO COME!
Post a Comment